Bohemian Design for 2012
by Carla Hill
Wednesday, August 08, 2012
Bohemian interior design is all about combining vintage pieces with that personal style. It’s about mixing textures and tossing in elements of nature. Does this sound like a good fit? Keep reading!
Are you a super-organized minimalist? Then the Bohemian style may not be the best fit for your home. Instead you should look into the clean lines of modern design or the richness of Traditional style.
Terry Fabrics, a UK company known for their blinds, curtains, and fabric, has some sensible tips for those homeowners wanting to infuse a little Bohemian life into their home.
They note that Bohemian style “pushes the boundaries of the norm and as there are no real rules, homeowners can really have fun with their home decor.” No rules? What could be better!?
Are you inspired by color? Such is Bohemian interior design! From floral patterns to cornfield yellows to oceanic blues, the possibilities are endless. It’s about free-spirit and mixing of eclectic pieces that catch your eye.
Here are five tips they recommend for those wanting to start their journey towards a "good home."
- Bohemian interior design is busy and random, so this style will not sit well with organized homeowners.
- Mismatched patterns and colorful throws are the perfect accessory for any homeowner looking to recreate the Bohemian style on a budget.
- Candlesticks and battered frames will add character to a room and will help tell a story about home and family life.
- Inject character, creativity and color into the home with bright cushions, curtains and knick-knacks and achieve a true Bohemian look in the home.
- It is essential that homeowners get creative and think outside the box in order to get this style just right.
Making sure that your home includes true personal style is one true step towards loving the house you’re in. So, don’t be afraid to make it your own Bohemian oasis, complete with vintage charm and personal pieces.
All Rights Reserved